[Openswan Users] Can't find conn

simon charles charlessimon at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:16:10 EDT 2009

Hi !
    From the ipsec.conf file it seems that your left and right are mixed up. This is what i gather from the ipsec.conf file

"rightid=-the local FQDN on the router-"  - so you are using right as the "local network"
"leftid=-the remote FQDN on the router-"  and left as "remote network"

Since left is "remote network for you" -- hence
"left=%defaultroute" -- should actually be "left={ip addr of the left device}". Assigning the "%defaultroute" would be true only for local network.

Try "ipsec auto --status" to find out if the configuration "firstTry" is loaded into running configuration. If its not - then there is problem in your conn definition and the reason why "ipsec auto --up firstTry" gives you "no connection found" error.

- Simon Charles -