[Openswan Users] phase2 every 2 min. WHY?? - tunnels goes to %trap

Agent Smith news8080 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 14 00:20:05 EDT 2009

I found that the damn Juniper box has no way to configure phase 1 timeout or phase 2 timeout and evidently phase 2 timeout is 2 minutes, (can someone confirm this please??).

I took the rekey option off of juniper and now have only the openswan end doing the rekeying and the tunnel has been up for about 24 hours without a drop like its suppoosed to be.

so even when openswan renegotiates phase1 at the end of 8hr, it all happens over existing secure connection so the tunnel is never suppose to drop right? (or goes into %trap or whatever..)