[Openswan Users] Routing to/from a vpn

Jason Brooks jason at petting-zoo.org
Fri Jun 12 18:43:14 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am trying to setup a vpn between three sites and a main site.  The
vpn itself traverses the Internet.  Each site has multiple hosts.
Eventually, I want each site to be able to talk to each other
directly, but I will handle that later.

I have run into some confusion reading through ipsec and openswan
documentation.  It appears that openswan on a linux gateway uses
something akin to packet filter rules: "x ip address range may talk to
Y ip address range" as an example.  Does the gateway also have a
corresponding routing table entry that will route packets to the vpn?
Once the vpn is established, can I have the endpoints exchange routing
data with something like RIP?

Thank you for your time...

--jason