[Openswan Users] IPSEC Pluto + Allow Unencrypted packets

shobhit shingla coolshobhit7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 08:17:13 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using openswan in my network processor.

Problem is Network processor performs the decryption in fast path

So If the packet is for local IP, decrypted packet is injected into
Linux Stack.

But I think ipsec is rejecting the decrypted packet in my kernel.

this is my scenario
                               Linux
Machine
Network Processor
                               193.168.10.1
192.168.1.1
193.168.10.0/24 ------61.246.5.100
-------------------------------------------------------------------61.246.2.100--------192.168.1.0/24

ipsec.conf on Network processor
leftIP = 61.246.2.100
leftSubnet = 192.168.1.0/24
rightIP = 61.246.5.100
 rightSubnet = 193.168.10.0/24
ike= 3des-sha1
auto = add
authby = secret

Tunnel is created successfuly

If i ping from say 193.168.10.2 to 192.168.1.2 ,all works fine

But when i ping to 192.168.1.1 from any right subnet IP, ESP packet is
decrypted in fast path,so Linux stack will receive decrypted packet. But
somehow that packet is lost.

Is IPSEC rejecting unencrypted packet?

Regards,

Shobhit