[Openswan Users] iphone to Openswan problems

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jul 28 16:08:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Wolfgang Kueter wrote:

> Now the manager got an iphone and wants build a VPN tunnel to the
> gateway to acces the internal mail-server to read and send email. VPN
> Client on the iphone is cisco or cisco derivate.

received MODECFG message when in state STATE_MAIN_R3, and we aren't xauth
client

Looks like the iphone wants to do ModeConfig as well, and you might need
to setup leftmodecfgserver/rightmodecfgserver and modecfgdns1.

It might be easier to use the L2TP client that ships with the iphone.
That client works fine (currently using it on my iphone with openswan)