[Openswan Users] keeping SA made OCF resource leak

willer.wang at cybertan.com.tw willer.wang at cybertan.com.tw
Tue Jul 21 22:15:56 EDT 2009

Thanks for your reply, please see my description below.

1. I use OPENSWAN 2.6.20 and 2.6.22 to trigger chip vendor HW acceleration agent through OCF. This HW agent will allocate memory resource until ipsec_ocf_sa_free( ) ask it to free resource.

2. Establish a tunnel, set the ipsec_lifetime=60s. When the IPSEC SA renew, the old inbound SA will asking the HW agent to free memory through function ipsec_ocf_sa_free( ) , and this SA will also be freed. But the old outbound SA still kept
In the SA's linklist, and never ask ipsec_ocf_sa_free( ) to free hw agent resource. With time goes, the HW agent can't take care any new SA and all tunnel will be disconnected.

3. I don't know what's the purpose of OPENSWAN keeps all old outbound SAs all the time. Preventing to rebuild a same SA?

THX,
Willer