[Openswan Users] KLIPS and Ubuntu 8.04.3

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Mon Jul 20 10:43:18 EDT 2009

Hello again.

I'm trying to compile openswan-2.6.22 KLIPS module with Ubuntu 8.04.3 and kernel 2.6.24-24.56, but I'm getting this error:

ipsec_xmit.c:2071: error: 'NF_INET_LOCAL_OUT' undeclared (first use in this function)

I did some googling around and found bug #1042 (https://gsoc.xelerance.com/issues/1042), but it only mentions CentOS. I was trying Fedora before and got the same error (figures, if it happens to CentOS, will happen on Fedora), so I moved on to test Ubuntu and got it too. I've tried to change NF_INET_LOCAL_OUT to NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT in ipsec_xmit.c and was able to compile, but the system becomes unresponsive when I load ipsec.ko with the error

klips_error:pfkey_upmsg: tried to skb_put 16, 0 available

I did the same thing on Fedora, and the module was also compiled and loaded OK. Are NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT and klips_error:pfkey_upmsg related in any way? I'm running this install on a virtualized virtualbox session, so this could be something entirely unrelated to NF_IP_LOCAL_OUT, but some odd behavior caused by virtualbox. I'll test it with a normal system today, but in the meantime I was hoping someone could point me to the right direction.

Also, I was testing openswan-2.6.22 with KLIPS and L2TP/IPSEC on Fedora and was able to close the tunnel and exchange packets on it, but it panicked on me when I tried to test it with NAT-T. So I tried a patched kernel with old NAT-T style, but KLIPS module fails to compile because of the patched kernel. Is there any way to compile openswan-2.6.22 KLIPS with old style NAT-T?

Thanks,

Giovani

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4225 (20090708) __________

http://www.eset.com