[Openswan Users] How to configure esp string for ikev2 in ipsec.conf file?

Jun Yin hansyin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 17:32:11 EDT 2009

Hi,
My configure file:

conn to_dut1
     type=tunnel
     authby=secret
     left=192.168.5.221
     leftnexthop=192.168.5.112
     right=192.168.2.100
     rightsubnet=192.168.6.0/24
     rightnexthop=192.168.6.100
     ike=3des-sha1-modp1536!
     #here I don't know how to specify dhgrp properly
     esp=3des-md5;modp1024!
     ikev2=insist
     keyexchange=ike
     auto=add

For the esp string, it only works when using "ike=3des-sha1", but I
hope I can specify pfsgroup.  I tried below string:

esp=3des-sha1,modp1536
esp=3des-sha1;modp1536
phase2alg=3des-md5-modp1536
phase2alg=3des-md5,modp1536
phase2alg=3des-md5;modp1536

all does not work. sometimes syslog show this error:
esp string error: Non initial digit found for auth keylen, just after
"3des-md5-" (old_state=ST_AA_END)
sometimes no error reported, but peer side claims "no PFS set"

If using ikev1, then no problem.

Could somebody help to figure it out? thanks in advance.

--
Rgds,

Hans Yin
Web: homeofhans.homeip.net