[Openswan Users] RES: openswan crashing kernel (long)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jul 6 16:28:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Giovani Moda wrote:

> Okay, whatever was happening on FC5 is still happening on FC7. Here's
> what I've got today on a brand new install, same stuff I was using on
> FC5 (IMQ, L7 and NAT-T) compiled on kernel 2.6.23.17-88.fc7:

FC-5 and FC-7 (and FC-8 and F-9 for that matter) are EOL. No one is
working on those kernels anymore.

> Unfortunately I can't fall back to 2.4.9 with kernel 2.6.23, so I'm
> thinking about drop the ball on 2.4.x and move on to 2.6.x. But what I
> really need to know is if bug #1004 is still biting. I read a while ago
> on the list that it does not affect KLIPS, is that correct?

It's still unresolved, and klips is also affeceted by part of it (the
losing port of the protoport setting)

> If so, I can
> go on and try it out. And what about multiple clients behind the same
> router, is there any documentation available on how to set it up? Is it
> possible with KLIPS?

All klips/userland support is in 2.6.x. You will need to look at hte
ng-patch/ directory for an (older) kernel patch, and port it to the
newer kernels. The iproute2 patches should no longer be needed, but
verify the updown script uses the newer style iproute fwmask.