[Openswan Users] Newbie question - Openswan 2.x KLIPS & NAT-T patches for kernel >= 2.6.24

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 6 10:21:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am using a Internet gateway running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (kernel 2.6.24),
and would like to add openswan to it. I am a little bit confused. What
is the difference between openswan 2.4.x and openswan 2.6.x? Which is
more stable for production?

I tried to apply the KLIPS and NAT-T patches of openswan 2.4.15 to
kernel 2.6.24, and come up with an compile error like :-

http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2008-July/015039.html

I hope someone could point me how to get and apply the KLIPS and NAT-T
patches for kernel 2.6.24

Thanks a lot.

John Mok