[Openswan Users] Openswan on CentOS 4.4 (Ker 2.6.9)

Fahad Aziz consultant77pk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 06:29:55 EST 2009

Hello,

I simply used the source package 2.6.19 on my CentOS 4.4 (Kernel 2.6.9) using ,

make programs
make install

Installation done succesfuly but i didnt do any kernel changes and its giving me error on " service ipsec start"

Failed to parse config setup portion of ipsec.conf

also with ipsec verify

Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.6.09/K(no kernel code presently loaded)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [FAILED]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)               [DISABLED]
Checking that pluto is running                                  [FAILED]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [FAILED]
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
cat: /etc/ipsec.d/*.conf: No such file or directory

Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
   Looking for TXT in forward dns zone: rbl                 [MISSING]
   Does the machine have at least one non-private address?      [OK]
   Looking for TXT in reverse dns zone: 47.132.xxx.xxx.in-addr.arpa.    [MISSING]

Do i need to recompile the kernel for KLIPS, but it says no need for userland tools. I need to create ipsec vpn between to CentOS boxes..

Any suggestion

.         \\oOo//
       _\\ooOoOoo//_
consultant77pk at yahoo.com