[Openswan Users] Status of NAT-T

P.Freitag at kellergrundbau.at P.Freitag at kellergrundbau.at
Tue Jan 13 04:45:21 EST 2009

Hello Everybody!

Beforehand I  want to apologize if this question has been aked before -
please point me to the relevant texts in that case, as I was not able to
find anything about it.

The question is:

Up to which kernel-version does the nat-t patch work?
(make nattpatch | (cd /usr/src/linux/ && patch -p1)) produces 5 failed
hunks in udp.c (2.6.24.5 and openswan 2.6.20rc1)
I would like to use KLIPS, but have to use a kernel higher then 2.6.24.5
due to some driver issues - and sadly wasn't able to find a natt-t patch
which works with it or any other higher kernel-version, so i have to stick
to netkey which I don't like.

I've also read some hints about future development which will make the
natt patches obsolete? Is there some sort of roadmap available about it?

Thanks im advance
Yours
Peter

Angaben gem. HaRÄG/ data in accordance with commercial law :
Keller Grundbau Ges.m.b.H.
Mariahilfer Strasse 127a, 1150 Wien
Handelsgericht Wien / FN 88 174 V
ATU14489506