[Openswan Users] Openswan on Ubuntu 8.10

openswan at thefeds.net openswan at thefeds.net
Mon Jan 5 11:00:10 EST 2009

The ipsec.conf I used was pre existing. I didn't look at any
/etc/ipsec.conf that might have been installed by the openswan rpm I built
from sources, it was overwritten with my file by my configuration rpm
(which trigered the install of openswan through a requires clause).

I did look at an example file
(/usr/share/doc/openswan-2.6.19/linux-linux.conf) which doesn't have
protostack=netkey in when installed via rpm onto CentOS. It might be nice
if it did, depending on what OS the rpm was built for/installed on but it
isn't likely to be an issue for most people.

Next time I build a CentOS 5 box (in the next few days) I will install the
openswan rpm on it's own and check the /etc/ipsec.conf and report back.

Tim