[Openswan Users] pluto crash

Anirudh Kamatgi akamatgi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 05:22:03 EST 2009

Hi All,
I am using Openswan version 2.6.19 and using it in tunnel mode between 2
gateways and multiple subnets behind both gateways, one connection per
subnet pair.
I have attempted to implement failover in a crude way by deleting all
tunnels whenever the two gateways cannot reach each other and adding new
tunnels between the same subnets but different gateways.
However, I am running into this assertion in ikev1_quick.c :
quick_inR1_outI2_continue().
The assert being hit is 'passert(st != NULL);'
I am using X509 certificates for authentication. I am not hitting this issue
if I use secrets for authentication.

Any help is appreciated.
Please let me know if any other info is needed.

Thanks,
-anirudh