[Openswan Users] dynamic routing protocols with NETKEY

simon charles charlessimon at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 21 13:39:22 EST 2009

Hi !
    The vpn routes are established as kernel routes and can be redistributed quite easily using OSPF/BGP.
        Thanks !

- Simon Charles -

From: andrew.lemin at monitorsoft.com
To: users at openswan.org
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:02:19 +0000
Subject: [Openswan Users] dynamic routing protocols with NETKEY

Hello,

I have been trying to research for any possible method to
get dynamic routing working to advertise VPN routes when using NETKEY.

So far I have found nothing!

I just don't understand why NETKEY does not provide a way
of exporting established VPN policies as routes to allow dynamic routing
protocols to work. Surely this is a HUGE deal and I can't be the only one with
this problem.

PS. KLIPS is not an option, I am stuck with NETKEY.

Would it be possible to use the command 'ip xfrm state'
in a script to create dummy routes when can then in turn be advertised?

Thank you in advance.