[Openswan Users] BGP and openswan...

Marcin Giedz marcin.giedz at arise.pl
Mon Feb 9 07:03:18 EST 2009

Hello,

I've got BGP configured (quagga) with two independent ISPs. One of them
has given PA network to me. So configuration is as follows:
1) IP a.b.c.d from ISP1
2) IP e.f.g.h from ISP2
3) advertised IP w.x.y.z

The problem I have stacked with is ipsec.conf file where I have to put
"left" parameter IP address and give my public IP to "right" side so
they can add this IP to their ACL list. Both ISPs are the same. So
routing is dynamic. I can go to the same IP either via IPS1 or ISP2. In
this case " what should I put into ipsec.conf file"? and what to say to
"right" side? Should I paste a.b.c.d or e.f.g.h or advertised IP?

How IPsec tunnel will work in case of ISP's network failure? Does anyone
has tested it before - I guess a lot but couldn't find reliable answer
when googling. Please advise what to do.

Thanks,
Marcin