[Openswan Users] Is there a way to exclude subsets of a super net when defined as the right or left subnet?

Robyn Orosz rorosz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:36:18 EST 2009

Hi Paul,

Thanks a ton for the response.  I seemed to have gotten this to work but had
to add a leftnexthop value to the conn declaration.  Should I need this or
am I doing something wrong?

Also, when I do this, it adds a route to my inside network via my outside
interface but for some reason, still seems to work.  Is this normal or is
there another way to do this?

Also, what exactly does the passthrough tunnel do other than add a route?

host - 10.11.11.100 -----VPN eth1 10.11.11.1 - eth0 172.16.1.2 ----gw
172.16.1.1

I added the following pass-through:

# my local range is 10.11.11.0/24
conn pass-local
       left=172.16.1.2
       leftsubnet=10.11.11.0/24
       leftnexthop=172.16.1.1 <-------------------I can't get it to start
w/o this
       right=0.0.0.0
       rightsubnet=10.11.11.0/24
       authby=never
       type=passthrough
       auto=route

This adds a route for my private subnet via eth0 but the actual network is
reachable via eth1.

Thanks!

Robyn