[Openswan Users] Is there a way to exclude subsets of a super net when defined as the right or left subnet?

Robyn Orosz rorosz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:45:39 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I need connect to a device that is attached to several remote networks
within the 10.0.0.0/8 range.  Rather than creating several tunnels I just
summarized the remote subnet as 10.0.0.0/8.  The problem is that this
includes my own local subnet so when locally connected hosts attempt to
access the VPN device at 10.11.11.1, they are unable to as it appears that
this traffic gets redirected onto the tunnel.

I've seen other similar posts but no responses.  So, I am wondering whether
or not there is an option to exclude a range of addresses from the
right/leftsubnet.

conn tunnel-1
        left=172.16.1.2
        right=192.168.1.2