[Openswan Users] Troubles with Fortinet AND openswan

Ing. Rodrigo Fernandez rfernandez.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:44:59 EST 2009

Hello people! Im new in this list, cause I have a little troubles with the
connection of my linux box and the fortigate, see I need to link the two
networks and I tried the forticare howto but without success let me put to
yours my confs and please I don't want you to do my job I only ask for a
little guidance, thank you

Openswan side:

conn casita

        auth=esp

        authby=secret

        auto=start

        esp=des

        ike=aes-128-md5-modp1536

        ikelifetime=1880s

        keylife=28800s

        left= casita1example.homeunix.net

        leftnexthop=%direct

        leftsubnet=10.0.0.0/24

        pfs=yes

        aggrmode=yes

        right=fortinetrouter.no-ip.org

        rightnexthop=%direct

        rightsubnet=192.9.201.0/24

(I usea modp1536 to invite a diffihellman level 5) I read in the net that
for esp the default its DH 2 so I putted that in the fortinet:

Fortinet

Phase 1

Type: dyndns

Address: casita1example.homeunix.net

Local interface=wan1

Authentication method preshared key

Encription Aes128-md5

DH group level 5

Nat transversal = yes

Dead Peer detection = yes

Keylihe=2880

Mode: Aggressive Mode

Phase 2

Encription = des

Enable PFS = yes

DH Group = 2

Keylife=1880 seconds

Autokey keep alive = yes

In my secrect I have:

fortinetrouter.no-ip.org : PSK "myalphanumericpassword"

and when I try to connect the fortinet refuses the connection with messages
like:

Initiator: sent 189.136.66.164 aggressive mode message #1 (ERROR)

Responder: sent 189.136.66.164 aggressive mode message #1 (ERROR)

Or I have it hours and ours only in "phase one" (OK) but doesn't link up the
tunnel

I hope someone can help me a little thank you!!!

Best regards and happy X-mas holidays!

Sincerely yours  Rodrigo