[Openswan Users] openswan vs. kernel 2.6.32 - make module fails

Bartek Knapek openswan at knapek.pl
Tue Dec 15 13:03:17 EST 2009

  I have upgraded kernel to 2.6.32 and have a problem re-buliding the
ipsec module.
I have tried Openswan 2.6.23 and 2.6.24rc3.

It fails with:
  In file included from /src/openswan-2.6.24rc3/modobj26/ipsec_init.c:39:
  include/linux/netdevice.h:85: error: expected identifier before
numeric constant

This is because in netdevice.h the NETDEV_TX_BUSY has been changed into
enum in the most recent kernel, while it is still #define'd in the
openswan sources.

Has anyone already solved this issue? Is it enough to delete the #define
statements from the Openswan code ?
BR/Bartek