[Openswan Users] pam authentication being used for xauth even when USE_XAUTHPAM?=false

Mohit Mehta mohit.mehta at vyatta.com
Tue Aug 18 21:27:34 EDT 2009

> My guess is the build envrionment sets USE_XAUTHPAM=true
>
> the ?= means "if env not set, set to this".
>
> You can try using: USE_XAUTHPAM=false
> Or try to fix the build environment setting.
>
> Paul

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the quick response. Turned out that in the source from debian - in debian/rules USE_XAUTHPAM was being set to true. I changed that to false and it works as expected now.

As a side note, I was wondering if I could find the differences (feature-wise or known bugs) between 2.4.x and 2.6.x versions of Openswan; so as to make the decision about which is better in production environments?

Mohit