[Openswan Users] VPN one way encryption

Bram H groenblik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:51:24 EDT 2009

All,

I have a sort of working roadwarrior setup. I used
http://www.natecarlson.com/linux/ipsec-x509.php to get it working (a few
errors in the document). My roadwarrior consists of multiple PC's in a
network, the gateway on that network connects to a central server. Both
gateway and server are running openswan. So it must be possible to access
the server from the pc's in the roadwarrior network and to access all of the
PC's from the server.

Well, it works one way. I can connect to all of the client PC's from the
server. With TCPDUMP I see esp packages traveling trough the network. But
when I ping the server from one of the clients the traffic is just plain, it
used the normal internet connection and not the tunnel.

I have attached both ipsec.conf files. I tried adding a subnet
0.0.0.0/0both that does not make any differece. I also tried to
reverse leftsubnet on
the client, but that leads to an INVALID_ID_INFORMATION. I belive the rror
must be in the left/rightsubnet declaration.

Is there someone who can tell me how I can fix this?

Kind regards,
Bram