[Openswan Users] How to combine two VPN tunnels

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Apr 13 12:20:55 EDT 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Curu Wong wrote:

> I found that the book<<Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks
> with Openswan>> ,page 91, said that we can use a host name in left= ...
> and right=.... however,Even after I set USE_DYNAMICDNS?=true in
> Makefile.inc and compile openswan again,When I add a connection with
> left=somehost.dyndns.org,it still failed,saying that :
>
> 022 connection must specify host IP address for our side
> 037 attempt to load incomplete connection

For your end, you should use the local ip/hostname or if it is
dynamic, use %defaultroute. For the remote end, you specify the
remote ip or the remote dns hostname. Openswan 2.6.22 will have
some fixes where dynamic dns did not work as expected (eg when the
name specified did not exist when loading the connection)