[Openswan Users] Trouble figuring out how to connect Openswan client to Cisco VPN

Steven Don shd at earthling.net
Thu Apr 9 13:23:18 EDT 2009

Thanks for the extra information.

> Use esp=3des-sha1 and don't use phase2/phase2algs
*** I had tried both and have set it to use esp now. Used phase2/phase2algs before because
the manpage says "This option is obsolete. Please use phase2alg instead."

At any rate, the result is the same in both cases.

> Check in /proc/crypto or check with lsmod. It would seem unlikely you don't
> have 3des enabled in the kernel.
*** I have no loadable module support in my kernel and (abbreviated a bit):

---
home:~ # cat /proc/crypto
name         : cbc(twofish)
name         : cbc(aes)
name         : cbc(blowfish)
name         : cbc(des3_ede)
driver       : cbc(des3_ede-generic)
module       : kernel
priority     : 0
refcnt       : 1
type         : blkcipher
blocksize    : 8
min keysize  : 24
max keysize  : 24
ivsize       : 8

name         : cbc(des)
name         : aes
name         : twofish
name         : blowfish
name         : des3_ede
driver       : des3_ede-generic
module       : kernel
priority     : 0
refcnt       : 1
type         : cipher
blocksize    : 8
min keysize  : 24
max keysize  : 24

name         : des
name         : sha512
name         : sha384
name         : sha256
name         : sha1
name         : md5
home:~ #
---
If I interpret that correctly, I have a blockcipher version "cbc(des3_ede)" and a normal version
"des3_ede" active.

Kind regards,
  Steven Don