[Openswan Users] [Openswan User] L2TP / IPSEC shows problems while connecting from Windows XP(Maximum retries exceeded for tunnel 40334. closing)!!!!

Eugenio Vescovi eugevesco at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 24 03:13:27 EDT 2008

Dear Shiva Raman,
I'm not so expert with this, but I need to create a VPN like yours, with Linux server and Windows XP client.
Looking at you l2tpd.conf I noticed that probably you used a wrong value for "local ip".
You should use the private IP address of you server insiede its LAN, so it must be in the range 192.168.10.0/24.
That is the the IP address of the internal interface(ppp0) of the server inside the PPP tunnel
I hope it can help you.
Bye!