[Openswan Users] Tunnel Up, can ping by IP, not by hostname

Dave Vree mailing51 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 22:31:15 EDT 2008

Thanks for the pointer to resolv.conf.  Once the tunnel was up, I edited
this file sticking in our DNS server at the office and deleting the
other entries.  It worked immediatley!  I didn't need to restart
anything...it just worked.  Once I shutdown Ipsec, I reset the file back
to the original contents and everything was fine.  I'll probably write
an ipsec connection start and stop script for this.  I vaguely recall I
can set this up to run automatically.

Thank you very much Paul for all you do to help us out.

Dave