[Openswan Users] My roadwarrior cannot connect to xl2tpd

Eugenio Vescovi eugevesco at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:51:33 EDT 2008

hi all,
I solved( ? ) all my previous problems with my VPN connection, I can establish IPsec connection without problems, but then I can't connect with xl2tpd.No packets reach my server
Here's my client log:

]: This binary does not support kernel L2TP.
]: xl2tpd version xl2tpd-1.1.12 started on eugenio-laptop PID:18313
]: Written by Mark Spencer, Copyright (C) 1998, Adtran, Inc.
]: Forked by Scott Balmos and David Stipp, (C) 2001
]: Inherited by Jeff McAdams, (C) 2002
]: Forked again by Xelerance (www.xelerance.com) (C) 2006
]: Listening on IP address 0.0.0.0, port 1701
]: Connecting to host 141.250.40.34, port 1701
]: Maximum retries exceeded for tunnel 25672.  Closing.
]: Connection 0 closed to 141.250.40.34, port 1701 (Timeout)
]: Unable to deliver closing message for tunnel 25672. Destroying anyway.
: Session 'Eugenio_prova' not up
During this phase, sniffing my eth0 on client side, I can see many ESP packets from client, but no reply from the server.

I checked and checked the conf files, both in the server(Linux openswan) and the client(Linux Openswan) but they look ok, even because googling my problem i realize this is a common problems, but everybody reply that this is a problem on rightprotoport=1701 or %any; I've tried both of them but with no luck.
I don't think it's a problem of authentication, because, as I say, no packets reach the server.

Do you think you can hel me?

Thank you in advance.