[Openswan Users] Tunnel up but cannot ping the other side.

Jesper Langkjær jl at MINISOFT.DK
Thu Sep 18 01:52:44 EDT 2008

Hi.

I have problem with pinging the other side of a tunnel.

My page:
Fedora 4
Core 2.6.16.24
openswan-2.4.4-1.0.FC4.1

The other side:
Hardware box, unknown

IPSEC.CONF
config setup
        # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
        # klipsdebug=none
        # klipsdebug=all
        # plutodebug="control parsing"
        # nat_traversal=yes
        nat_traversal=no
        interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"

conn %default
    authby=rsasig
    leftrsasigkey=
 rightrsasigkey =
    left=%defaultroute
    keyingtries=1
    #keylife=1200s
    #ikelifetime=1200s

#conn server_VPN
#        left=83.xx.xxx.xx
#        leftid=83.xx.xxx.xx
#        right=194.yyy.yyy.yy
#        rightsubnet=192.168.37.34/32
#        keyexchange=ike
#        keylife=2h
#        authby=secret
#        auto=start

conn server_VPN
       left=83.xx.xxx.xx
       leftid=83.xx.xxx.xx
       leftsubnet=10.27.1.0/24
       right=217.yyy.yy.yy
       rightsubnet=192.168.37.34/32
       pfs=no
       ike=3des-sha1
       esp=3des-sha1
       keyexchange=ike
       keylife=2h
       authby=secret
       auto=start
       auth=esp

The first CONN ar an old one that has been working, but now they installed som new hardware/moved server and now it dosent work anymore.
When i run "service ipsec start" everything looks ok and the tunnel comes up.
The other side (217.yyy.yyy.yyy) can ping my side (83.xxx.xxx.xxx) but i can't ping them.

Any advise ??

Kind regards

Jesper Langkjaer