[Openswan Users] Not able to establish L2TP Over IPSec tunnel

Janantha Marasinghe janantha at techcert.lk
Wed Sep 17 06:15:13 EDT 2008

Can you see if IPSec modes are complete or not? FYI there are 2 modes.
After only this the L2TP kicks in. This you can find in the /var/log /secure

I think this problem is with the NAT-T but I don't know the solution. I
have a similar setup which I tried to get it working (without NAT-T) but
i'm experiencing a routing issue. Another thing I saw in your ipsec.conf
is that its not properly aligned (as viewed in notepad) You should
properly align the parameters.