[Openswan Users] SOLVED (partially): VPN client IP addressing configuration issues

Rolando Zappacosta zappacor at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Sep 8 13:47:31 EDT 2008

> >  However, most of the hosts I need to reach are on the
> AAA.0.0.0/8 but if I configure:
> >        right=AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
> >        rightsubnet=AAA.0.0.0/8
> > I loose all the connectivity as I loose the
> reachability of the GW itself.
> >
> >  How can I deal with this?
> >  Can I add a whole subnet with the excpetion of a
> single host (the GW)?
>
> Add a 'passthrough' connection. See
> /etc/ipsec.d/examples/passthrough.conf

I don't have that one installed and couldn't find it on the 2.4.16 tar nor surfing the web  :-(

  One thing worth noting is the GW I connect to has a public IP address  (AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD) that lies on the same network I need to reach through it (AAA.0.0.0/8):

version 2.0

config setup

conn Intranet
        aggrmode=yes
        ike=3des-sha1-modp1024
        authby=secret
        left=%defaultroute
        leftxauthclient=yes
        leftmodecfgclient=yes
        modecfgpull=yes
        right=AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD
        rightsubnet=AAA.0.0.0/8
        pfs=no
        auto=add

include /etc/ipsec/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

  How should I configure the passthourgh then? Tried some variations around this with no luck:

conn passthrough
        left=%defaultroute
        right=0.0.0.0
        type=passthrough