[Openswan Users] transport works, tunnel doesn't

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Mon Sep 8 12:34:36 EDT 2008

How are you determining that the tunnel isn't working?
Ping test? If so to/from which hosts? Are they in the subnets?
Do both ipsec.conf's contain the same subnets?
Log error message?
Your problem description is very vague.
Sending an ipsec barf > ipsec_barf.txt attachment would help.

Peter McGill
IT Systems Analyst
Gra Ham Energy Limited

KzFzn8Z/BVZhWV5g6AgGepqK9ldFHAg6A0X6eT5atZOKsS2r1gLtExKcE++zuiTB> IbTA6hbVTOBasDuZ/GU2TVRoBf9VmuunOFctGoL79b0Z1w8hS6KJDyt7Gp5nEK
> +fP9qQeqloxiw7b+hZBu96ZF6kYocF2MrpNCqbwJm8XBl8YGQSYP8tjBmAzO4q
> uJW5MkKoB+olGpKcEoI+NQW2gh3rpim/9y5w6B68aAngAQpgFpXaZLl9azbm4P
> ijSbROsue095I6vDukj
>         left=my-public-ip
>         leftsubnet=10.18.1.0/28
> #
> leftrsasigkey=0sAQN6fKakRwgQb3ciBP868KRMlMDBCeub8oxgdwXyJw2hrG
Hzk13krtkjj32TRh/AeITCNIIUIaJe5mEE2TC3K4cnr8gQgi4GoYNutVFMdNz4yd> elJTTUw0wowwGN1OkcsW1YCrwJIKlzV0ciHbVLDHkrwWZMn2UXCRDcp+uYBCDG