[Openswan Users] Who captures IP packets first?

Jianqing Zhang arrow.jianqing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 11:14:19 EDT 2008

When an IP packet is arriving, who captures it first, native IP stack or
Openswan? I guess it is Openswan, isn't it?

If the IP packet is encapsulated by an Ethernet frame with a multicast MAC
address but its IP destination address is not the local one, what will
Openswan will do? I know native IP stack will discard the packet. Can I
capture the packet before Openswan or IP stack (kernel) does? If I can, how
can I feed the packet to Openswan compulsively? Can I use Netlink sockets?

Thanks