[Openswan Users] can you push a route to clients with ipsec/l2tpd setup

Matthew L. Bowman matthew.bowman at kitware.com
Tue Oct 21 12:06:06 EDT 2008

I have some road warriors using the same subnet at home that we use at work.
I know I could ask them to change it, but it seems adding a route as the vpn
connection is established to make sure the ip range in conflict takes the
vpn connection route instead of local. Openvpn uses a push route option to
do this. Does anyone have an idea if this is possible? Or am I off track
altogether..

192.168.1.0 - firwall(openswan) - firewall(nat)- 192.168.1.x client..

Connects fine and can ping other subnets.. but not 192.168.1.x

matt