[Openswan Users] Roadwarrior conn problem: need right IP address?

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Wed Oct 15 22:06:57 EDT 2008

Hmmm...that could be a real problem for me.  My gateway is on dynamic IP,
but has a dynamic DNS entry available externally.  So my questions are:

1. If I use my dynamic FQDN (firewall.xxx.ca) would IPsec allow this?
2. If so, what happens when my IP changes (and IPsec hasn't restarted)?  Do
I have to restart ipsec or will it keep accepting connections?
3. Why can't IPsec accept %defaultroute instead of my FQDN on the external
interface?  The result should be the same.

I also run poptop and that works fine with changing IP...

Thanks,
Mike