[Openswan Users] ipsec connection will be lost

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:46:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have setup ipsec with openswan in CentOS 5. It works. But,
connectivity of some tunnels will be lost? at that time, If we ping
other tunnels, It  work. Why  happens to some tunnels only?

Currently , it has 16 tunnles? How many tunnels can Ipsec handle?

this is  /etc/ipsec.conf file. it only shows one tunnel.

Pls note

it has up to 16 tunnels

ip address 1.2.3.4 is in my side. It is NOT the real one. For securiy
resone, I would not like to give it

ip address 5.6.7.8 is in the other side. It is NOT the real one. For
securiy resone, I would not like to give it

# /etc/ipsec.conf - Openswan IPsec configuration file
#
# Manual:     ipsec.conf.5
#
# Please place your own config files in /etc/ipsec.d/ ending in .conf

version 2.0     # conforms to second version of ipsec.conf specification

# basic configuration
config setup
        interfaces=%defaultroute
        # Debug-logging controls:  "none" for (almost) none, "all" for lots.
        #klipsdebug=all
        #plutodebug=all
        nat_traversal=yes

conn tunnelipsec1