[Openswan Users] Checking status on bug

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu Oct 2 18:28:24 EDT 2008

I am wondering about the status of this bug:

ipsec_setup: /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/eroute: pfkey write failed, returning
-1 with errno=96.
ipsec_setup: Unknown socket write error 96.  Please report as much detail as
possible to development team.
ipsec_setup: Using KLIPS/legacy stack

The last I heard was:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, TC wrote:
>
>> I have compiled kernel 2.6.24.7 + patch klips
>> and openswan 2.6.16.
>>
>> When I start ipsec I receive this error:
>>
>> Aug 27 09:13:44 pitesti ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 2.6.16...
>> Aug 27 09:13:44 pitesti ipsec_setup: /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/eroute:
pfkey write failed, returning -1 with
>> errno=96.
>> Aug 27 09:13:44 pitesti ipsec_setup: Unknown socket write error 96.
Please report as much detail as possible to
>> development team.

> Yes, this is a bug recently introduced. It should be fixed in the next
release (2.6.18).

> Paul

I built openswan-2.6.18rc1 today and this problem still exits. Is there a
work around or is it just stalled?

Rick Cooper

believed to be clean.