[Openswan Users] Kernel Oops and Panic

Egon Burgener egon.burgener at terreactive.ch
Wed Nov 26 12:21:00 EST 2008

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Egon Burgener wrote:
>
> > I have tried openswan 2.6.19dr3 and get the same results. I think it has to
> do
> > with the crypto part of the kernel. Do you know if the crypto modules have
> > be built into the kernel? Does openswan use  the kernel cryptographic API?
>
> KLIPS does not use any of the cryptoapi unless you compile specifically
> with that option enabled (not the default).
> If you use OCF however, the cryptosoft driver (the software acceleration
> driver) does use the kernel crypto modules, and thus is accelerated if
> specific crypto accelerator modules are loaded (eg padlock)

If I disable OCF (Makefile.inc HAVE_OCF?=false) openswan does not compile any
more:

openswan-2.6.19dr3/programs/pluto/ikev1_main.c: In function
`try_RSA_signature_v1':
openswan-2.6.19dr3/programs/pluto/ikev1_main.c:483: error: `cryptodev'
undeclared (first use in this function)

If I enable OCF I get following warning:

modobj26/des/ipsec_alg_3des.c:137: warning: initialization from incompatible
pointer type
modobj26/aes/ipsec_alg_aes.c: In function `_aes_cbc_encrypt':
modobj26/aes/ipsec_alg_aes.c:138: warning: passing arg 3 of `AES_cbc_encrypt'
discards qualifiers from pointer target type
modobj26/aes/ipsec_alg_aes.c: At top level:
modobj26/aes/ipsec_alg_aes.c:193: warning: initialization from incompatible
pointer type
lib/libcrypto/libaes/ocf_aes_assist.c: In function `ocf_aes_cbc_encrypt':
lib/libcrypto/libaes/ocf_aes_assist.c:222: warning: passing arg 5 of
`ocf_aes_cryptodev_internal' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
lib/libcrypto/libaes/ocf_aes_assist.c:222: warning: passing arg 8 of
`ocf_aes_cryptodev_internal' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
ar: creating libipsecpolicy.a

What do you think. Is there a BUG or am I doing something wrong?

Thx
Egon