[Openswan Users] Help getting Nat to work...

Scott Savarese openswan at scottsavarese.com
Tue Nov 18 18:44:58 EST 2008

Paul Wouters wrote:
> Can you show us the configs of both ends? I have never seen this error
> before.
>
> Paul

Paul, the other end is my Mac laptop running leopard. If you want the
configs, just let me know how to find them... I've only modified the
GUI, so the important information is the server address, which seems to
work (I see it trying to connect in the logs), under authentication
settings I am using a password for the user auth and a shared secret for
the machine auth. I think these work because if I remove the nat config
entries in the linux server's ipsec configuration it works fine. In the
advanced options, everything is the default. Only the disconnect options
are checked off. The one thing I can think of is that because I have NAT
turned on in the ipsec configuration of the linux server, but there
isn't any NAT happening since I am testing it from inside my firewall,
that it is complaining about something related to not having any NAT.