[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSEC over PPP: IPSEC established, no traffic over ipsec0

Eduan Basson eduan at multenet.com
Mon Nov 17 08:16:58 EST 2008

> Not sure what is going on there. Did you try setting the interface mtu
> on the ipsec gateway to something lower, eg 1472?
In our environment we don't have access to the gateway configuration, so
I tried setting MTU on ppp0 to 1430, and the NDIS WAN settings on the
IPSEC/l2TP server itself to MTU 1430, with no luck.

Is there any other possible cause, or test I can run? Any tips for using
tcpdump/windump to debug?

Thank you,

Eduan