[Openswan Users] Problem with certificate

Tobias Gruber tobias.gruber at uni-ulm.de
Sun Nov 9 13:31:24 EST 2008

Hello

I have a working openswan tunnel with PSKs

But if I use certifiactes it doesnt work.
I have added on the server: serverKey.pem -> private  serverCert.pem ->
certs caCert.pem -> cacerts
on the client: client1Key.pem -> private client1Cert.pem -> certs
caCert.pem -> cacerts

in the configs I added:
authby=rsasig
leftcert=%cert
rightcert%cert
 the leftid, rightid I put out

the certs are correct loaded.

But if I initial a connection, in the server auth.log comes: no RSA
public key for 10.x.x.x <- IP from Client
I thought ike transfers the certificate from the client to the server so
he can validate it

I use on the client openswan 2.4.9, on the server 2.4.6

Thx for help

Tobias