[Openswan Users] Recommended best working setup for l2tp/ipsec multiplatform

Achim Moller netcom2002 at gmxpro.de
Fri Nov 7 04:11:34 EST 2008

Hi,

because of recently posted issues with latest Openswan 2.6.18 and not getting iphones to work, I'm just curious if anybody out there has a 'full-featured' working vpn gateway supporting these features:

- l2tp/ipsec
- for iphone/xp/osx
- nat and non-nat for roadwarriors using the above mentioned devices

I was just thinking that such a setup should be working out-of-box, because it seems so quite common to me and I'm surprised that there are so many issues with this.

Perhaps anybody has some exact version information about which Openswan, l2tp and Linux kernel versions to use for such a setup?

Thanks for comments.

Amode.