[Openswan Users] Error in connection addition to daemon

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Nov 3 14:26:37 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008, PVG Ravi Kumar wrote:

> Now, when I try to add configurations to the daemon with some specified
> values for ike and esp, I am getting the following error
>
> 034 esp string error: enc_alg not found, enc_alg="sha", auth_alg="aes",
> modp="modp1024"

>From your config file:

	ike=sha1-aes-modp1024
        esp=md5-aes

>From the man page:

IKE encryption/authentication algorithm to be used for the
connection (phase 1 aka ISAKMP SA). The format is
"cipher-hash;modpgroup, cipher-hash;modpgroup, ..."  Any left out
option will be filled in with all allowed default options.

(openswan 2.4.x does not use ";" but "-".

So you want:

	ike=aes-sha1-modp1024
	esp=aes-md5