[Openswan Users] What would cause ipsec auto --up {tunnelname} to hang?

Greg Scott GregScott at InfraSupportEtc.com
Tue May 27 00:37:15 EDT 2008

> You know  that auto=start should accomplish the same without
scripting?

Yes - but in this case the IPSEC tunnel is a backup route.  So I need to
bring the tunnel up and down dynamically.  The idea is, when the primary
point to point path goes down, bring up the tunnel.  And then take down
the tunnel when the primary PtP path comes back alive.

So I do auto=ignore in the conn definition and my script brings the
tunnel up and down.  A copy of the script runs on both the left and
right sides.

- Greg