[Openswan Users] initial Main Mode message received on X:500 but no connection has been authorized

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Wed May 14 14:42:50 EDT 2008

I bought the book and that helped a lot. But there is definitely some
magic involved.

Man ipsec.conf returns a ton of information about what each
configuration directive does, but not much about how they interact.

The real hard part, for me anyway, is that when something doesn't work
it's not at all clear why. I suppose if you're a dyed in the wool
ipsec fanatic it's all obvious. But for someone who focuses on other
things, it's can be rough going sometimes to get this stuff working.

But when it does work, it's great!

-brian