[Openswan Users] FATAL ERROR: unable to malloc 0 bytes for state array

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Sat May 10 10:12:35 EDT 2008

> It looks like a configuration mismatch is causing a memory
> leak.

OK I fixed the configuratin mismatch, it sort of avoided the
malloc problem ( though I still see it in certain cases ).

> Please
> enable -DLEAK_DETECTIVE in pluto's Makefile, then run
> in the same scenario,
> but before it dies, do a proper shutdown.

What do you mean by a proper shutdown ?

System or pluto ?

>And you will see
> memory allocation
> information. That should help us find the leak.
>
> ibtw, if you are simulating with virtual machines (low on
> memory), you
> might want to look at "make check" and the
> testing/ directory, where we
> use uml instead of qemu to test openswan.
>
> You should also try these patches below, to address two
> memory issues
> that have not been released in the 2.4 series yet:

No they dont' seems to have any impact either.

Anyway I want to seek help on further problems. When the case I managed to match the configuration, the IPSEC could be set up, but the routing is not working.

Include please find the configuration I got.

The problem is it seems to enslave the eth0 ( which is the lan device ) as well as the eth1 ( which is the wan device ), ie after Ipsec is established, the eth0's IP could not ping with external LAN devices.

Any advise ?

Be a better friend, newshound, and