[Openswan Users] HELP : fail to reconnect, but fist successfully connect

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Mar 31 13:06:56 EDT 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, christophe yayon wrote:

> I am trying to create  a IPSEC/L2TP connection between an openswan 2.4.12 /
> l2tpd (or xl2tp)  and an iphone...

Unfortunately, only Americans are allowed to have the iphone, or the iphone
SDK which comes with an emulator.....

> I had no problem with the FIRST connection (no problem at all), but,  when i
> disconnect the vpn tunnel  (by turning if off on the device - client) and
> reconnect, it fail and get these repeated messages in my logs :

If you compiled with -DTRUST_PPPD_TO_DIE, you might want to try disabling
that. But I don't think that is your real problem.

> i need to restart ipsec service or put down (manually) the ipsec conn (ipsec
> auto --down XXX)...

Show us the logs of openswan configured with plutodebug="controlmore"?