[Openswan Users] 2.4.12 crash with kernel 2.4.36.2

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Thu Mar 27 00:56:50 EDT 2008

Dmitry Melekhov пишет:
> Hello!
>
> I compiled 2.4.12 with 2.4.36.2 with version.c and zutil.c from openswan
> 2.4.9, jus because there are no such files in klips patch for kernel 2.4.
> Certanly, I changed version in version.c ;-)
>
> Then I try to test 2.4.12 and 2.4.9 on another host.
> Kernnel oops, usually when I try to ping another (2.4.9) host after
> starting ipsec, sometimes it works for some time, but if I restart ipsec
> in 2.4.12 host, then it crashes.
> Unfortunately, I'm doing tests on home-made routers ;-), i.e. computers
> booted from usb flash, so I can't parse Oops output with ksymoops.
> :-(

Hello!

Thanks to Sergei Litvinenko I found that there is no crash without
compression.
I thought that there were changes in zutil.c, because I took it from
2.4.9, but I looked into git tree and looks like there are no changes.
Is it kernel bug or openswan bug? I'll try 2.4.12 with 2.4.35, just
because I use openswan 2.4.9 with 2.4.35 in production and it works,
main problem is memory leaks :-)