[Openswan Users] Failed to compile 2.4.12 on Ubuntu 6.06.2

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Fri Mar 14 22:59:06 EDT 2008

Hi,

I tried to install openswan 2.4.12 from source on Ubuntu 6.06.2 (kernel
2.6.15), but the kernel compilation failed with the following error
messages :-

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `net/ipsec/version.o', needed by
`net/ipsec/ipsec.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [net/ipsec] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `net/ipsec/zutil.o', needed by
`net/ipsec/ipsec.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [net/ipsec] Error 2
make: *** [net] Error 2

I copied the two source files to net/ipsec, and the compilation can run
to completion. Can anyone tell me if the openswan kernel patch of should
the two missing files, or it is completely normal to do so on a stable
release, because I encountered similar situation for 2.5.17?

Thanks a lot.

John Mok