[Openswan Users] Anybody have Windows Mobile 5/6 working with OpenSWAN?

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Thu Mar 13 18:41:07 EDT 2008

Alex Crow wrote:

> I am having a complete nightmare getting WM5/6 clients to work with
> OpenSWAN and OpenL2TPD.

I'm sorry to hear that. Personally I haven't tried it with OpenL2TP.
Are you running it on an embedded device, perhaps?

> I don't think the problem is in the L2TP side and XP works perfectly.
> However I cannot complete a connection with WM5 or 6.

Does it work without NAT? If you use a PSK instead of certificates?

I must say that the Windows Mobile 'Connection Manager' is a bit finicky.
Not to mention Windows Mobile based smartphones, which I could not get to
connect at all. On top of that they are locked too. They're a bit like
the  Apple iPhone, minus the jail break community.

> Does anyone have any working ipsec.conf files they could share?

The usual configuration for L2TP/IPsec should work. Could you post your
config files and logs?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl