[Openswan Users] [possible-spam:6.639] Re: Unable to connect toOpenswan/L2TP from Sprint Wireless Broadband

Hideo GOTO gotoh at eis.co.jp
Mon Mar 10 01:38:58 EDT 2008

 Dear Mr Jacco de Leeuw,

Thanks a lot for your accurate suggestion.

Indeed, as your suggestion, the trouble was due to mal configuration of the
certificates on the client side.

While client certificate was correctly installed for the Computer Account,
CA certificate had been installed only in the User Account.
(We usually do not include CA certificate in user PKCS12 files, since the CA
certificate normaly is already installed for other purposes.)

XP's certificate utility, while checking a user certifacate for the Compter
account, lt looks for the assoicate CA certifacate  not only in the Computer
Account but also in the User account. The utility reports that the
certificate is trust worth even if it could only find CA cert in the User
account and not it the Computer one. Howerver, as it was in my case, XP's
L2TP/IPSec client as logically does not accept such a situation.

I am happy to tell you that it works perfect now on the production system as
well.

Many thanks

Hideo GOTO